Potato Chip Cookies (From the kitchen of Allyson Mizenko)
1 cup of butter or margarine
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of crushed potato chips
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (op.)
2 cups of flour
Cream butter and sugar together. Mix in vanilla, potato chips, nuts (op.), and flour. Form into little balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Dip bottom of a glass in sugar and flatten cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
*optional bake...don't flatten the cookies...keep them round...makes for a fuller cookie..either way, they are good. Kinda sugar/shortbread like.
Stir-fried Brocolli with Shrimp and/or Scallops
*credit Good Housekeeping to this
1 package (each) of shrimp and/or scallops
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger (can use ground ginger-I do)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola)
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (don't forget to break off bottoms and throw them away!)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (op.-I don't use this)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus additional leaves for style (op. I don't use this)
1. Clean off and prepare scallops and/or shrimp as normal. Then put in a bowl. Mix in soy sauce and ginger (Jessica note: you don't always have to use the required amount of soy or ginger, I would do to taste...Kevin has complained the soy makes it too salty)
2. In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until golden. With slotted spoon, transfer garlic to medium bowl (Jessica note: sometimes I just discard the garlic...Kevin doesn't always like too much garlic --are we seeing a pattern here?)
3. Add asparagus and crushed red pepper (op.) to skillet and cook, stirring frequently (stir-frying), until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer asparagus to bowl with garlic.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add scallop and/or shrimp mixture and stir-fry until scallops and/or shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Return asparagus and garlic to skillet, along with remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce (op.), heat through. Add chopped basil (op.), tossing to combine. Spoon mixture onto platter and top with basil leaves.
Home Jessica's Page Page1 Page 2(you are here) Page 3